Caviteño competes in Mr. Gay World 2019


          John Jeffrey ‘Janjep’ Carlos, a 41-year-old, Hotel and Restaurant Management graduate from Cavite State University will try to duplicate John Raspado’s win two years ago when he vies at Mr. Gay World 2019 in Cape Town, South Africa on May 5, 2019. Carlos, who won the Mr. Fahrenheit 2019 search to gain an automatic berth to the Mr. Gay World contest, is a successful realtor and businessman.

          Carlos will compete in Mr. Gay World 2019 campaigning on his mental health awareness advocacy #IllnessTo Wellness. He has recently partnered with Mental Health PH, an organization that promotes mental health awareness throughout social media, and had visited Cape Mental Health in South Africa, a mengtal rehabilitation facility catering to impoverished communities. “Be informed. Reach out to people suffering from depression. Together we can turn this illness to wellness. I hope to carry my advocacy in the global level,” Carlos tried to convey.

          "My vision is not just to live but to exist. I promise that I will give my best to represent my country well and to make my countrymen proud of me. I think I am the best representative of the Philippines because I always work hard on all the tasks I am committed with. I will also carry the hope of people with depression because I think depression is real. I will be needing, though, your much love and support in my quest at Mr. Gay World 2019,” Carlos added.

          Mr. Gay World delegates will compete in formal wear, swimwear and cultural costume and will be judged on how they could best help the LGBTQ community on social platforms. Jordan Bruno of Australia, a reality TV chef and cookbook author, is the reigning titlist. Mr. Gay World 2019 was moved from Hong Kong to South Africa following an announcement from the Chinese organizing company that they could not proceed from hosting the event in view of the clampdown on LGBTQ events by Chinese authorities. (By Eton Concepcion)

Comments