General’s daughter wins Miss Philippine Youth 2020





Patricia Cruz and Kyle Patrick de Guzman were named grand winners in the Search for Mr. and Ms. Philippine Youth 2020 during the Grand Coronation held at Tanghalang Pasigueño on Sunday night. Mr. and Ms. Philippine Youth International 2019 Rikki Mae Dela Peña and Angelo Basa passed on their titles to Cruz and De Guzman.


The rest of the winners were Mr. and Ms. Philippine Youth Prince and Princesses Eve Janine Valdez & Drake Aclan, Rin rin Raz and Gian Garcia, Ashley Antonio and James Lorenzo Damaso, and Marielle Lim and Joseph Leo.

Cruz, former Princess Universe 2015, is the 16-year-old, daughter of ‘hero cop” and the original Gwapulis, Police Brigadier General Gilberto DC Cruz, director of PRO13 (Caraga Region), and former actress and now Mayor of Pola, Oriental Mindoro, Jennifer “Ina Alegre’ Cruz.

An 11th grade student at San Beda College, Cruz wants to become a policewoman someday following in the footsteps of his distinguished father. “Thank you so much to everyone who supported me in this journey. I feel so blessed, I never expected to win such a prestigious title,” Cruz said after the coronation.

“To my family and friends, Tita Jovita, Mama Ram and EJhosh, thank you all so much. You helped me believe in myself and become more confident about myself. You pushed me to do my best. As Miss Philippine Youth 2020, I will make sure to fulfill my duties for the Philippine Youth, to take every opportunity and to make efforts to push forward the advocacies that I have,” Cruz added. (Report By Eton Concepcion / Photos by Lito Caleon and EJhosh Gozum Rodriguez)







Comments