Model Miguel Guia vies at 11th Mister International pageant in Thailand


Miguel Guia, Mister International Philippines 2016 with Mister International 2014 Neil Perez during the sendoff presscon at Icon Hotel, Timog.
Filipino model Miguel Guia hopes to follow in the footsteps of 2014 Mister International Neil Perez when he competes at the 11th Mister International pageant to be held at The Stage @ Asiatique the Riverfront in Bangkok, Thailand on February 13, 2017.

Guia, a 27-year-old, 5-foot-11, IT student, has been in rigorous training to shape up for the pageant since he  won the title of Mister International Philippines 2016 at the Misters of Filipinas 2016 pageant in September last year.  A breadwinner for his family after the demise of his father in 2014, Guia dreams to become a Hollywood international actor. His pageant was originally scheduled in November 2016 but was moved in deference to the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand.

“I am so excited to compete. This is the first that I will travel in a foreign country in decades. I look forward to experiencing the Thai culture, taste the food and meet my co-candidates. I think I am now prepared physically and emotionally for the challenge of the competition. I want to win and give pride to my family and of course, to my country, the Philippines,” said the San Pablo City native.

Guia brought with him the words of encouragement from his fellow Misters of Filipinas titlists including Mister International 2014 Neil Perez who advised him to always maintain a good attitude and to always keep his feet on the ground.  Guia hopes to inherit the title currently held by Switzerland’s Pedro Mendes.

“I have seen his dedication and hard work in preparing for the competition. I am sure that like his predecessors, he will make our country proud,” said Carlo Morris Galang, president of PEPPS, organizer of Misters of Filipinas pageant. WORDS BY ETON B. CONCEPCION






Comments